- 6 apples Any variety you wish
- 1.5 - 2 tsps Jam I use the one that is mostly fruit.
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Raw Agave or Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Select 6 fairly uniformly sized apples.
- If the apples are of vastly different sizes, you could always precook the larger prepared apples for ten minutes or so and then add the smaller ones to the dish.
- Soak apples in the sink in one cup of vinegar and cold water to remove any dirt and hopefully any chemicals residing on the skin and then rinse well.
- Using an apple corer, place apple firmly on a cutting board and remove core from center of apple.
- Place apples snugly in a baking dish
- Place jam in center of each apple.
- Using the smallest spoon you can find, add cinnamon to the apple centers, being careful not to spill too much cinnamon on the top of the apple.
- Top the center of the apple with the coconut oil.
- Drizzle apples with syrup of your choice.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes to desired softness,
- Serve warm, with or without plant based ice cream, or cool and refrigerate.
- Return to room temperature before reheating covered in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
Use any variety of apple you have on hand. Some will yield a softer result than others but they are all tasty. The only exception is perhaps the Granny Smith Apple which tends to end up with a very tough skin when baked.
Use your imagination and try other fruits such as peaches and pears.
Add some dates, raisins, cranberries to the center of the apple.
If you don't want the added sugar, try pouring a little juice in the bottom of the dish before cooking.
The coconut oil can be left out if you are avoiding added fat.
Baked Apples and Other Sweet Things!
2 thoughts on “Baked Apples and Other Sweet Things!”
interesting dish of course healthy and tasty too.?
Welcome to my website. Baked apples was a favorite growing up, although never plant based. My mother would cook with butter and pour cream over the top when the apples were cooked.
For maximum plant powered health impact, leave out the coconut oil and sweetener.